Tuesday 6 March 2007

UPDATE UPDATE

I am at work so I have to make this quick-

I went to the doctors on Friday and they told me I have Gastro-reflux insomnia. This is basically that my stomach acids feel the need to march up my oesophagus whenever I lay down which gives me really bad heartburn and stops me from sleeping. This goes on for a week or so until my body has lost the habit of sleeping and the insomnia kicks in. They gave me some Somain for the reflux which I have to take every night but will take around 3 weeks to work properly, and Stilnox for the sleeping. I have a hatred of sleeping tablets... actually no, I have a love for them which is very bad and unhealthy so I really don’t want to take them.

So far I have taken 3 and with the exception to seeing some people that are not really there and thinking kissing Boy meant I was in an Opera it hasn't been too bad. I will keep going with them for another few nights and then stop. But YAY I had a whole night of sleep last night! Hooray for me!



Yesterday I found a big lump in my neck and it is hurting a bit. I am not fussed on it but Boy wants me to go to the doctors – If it is still there tomorrow I might think about it. Meh.

I have been obsessing over flickr.com the last few days. So if you haven’t gone to my link below – GO THERE NOW!

If my daddy is reading this (even though he promised he would never look at it again… he is such a liar!) then I MISS YOU!!! Have fun overseas and don’t work too hard. Try to have a bit of a rest please. We want you to come back healthier then you are leaving :)

I still haven’t been speaking to my mother. She will come around eventually. Oh, but my Big Big Sister in Sydney rang on Saturday!! I love talking to Snoz. I used to find it a bit hard because she had lived away from home for so long but we have been talking a fair bit lately and I love it :D So, I will leave you with a quick note that she taught me many years ago

BE A WARM FUZZY NOT A COLD PRICKLEY!

2 comments:

David said...

Hi. I have "gastric reflux" too. One thing that helps too is tilting your bed a little so that your head is higher than your feet. There are also some natural digestive aids you might try, along with things like not eating for at least a couple hours before bedtime, cutting down on dairy, alcohol, chocolate, and anything else that gives you heartburn, and for me at least, losing some weight helped (you look thin from your pic, so this isn't a good idea for you methinks).

take care,
david

ChickenTherapy said...

Isn't it such a bitch! Yeh I do all of those things but no go. Plus my brain seems to think that drinking lots of water will make it go away but so far that just leads to lots of toilet brakes! Sitting up helps a lot but I cant sleep and sit up. All rather crappy!

I am on one natural digestive thing and another doctor drug so hopefully that will kick in soon :) Thanks for the advice!!