Friday 2 March 2007

the Sweetest Thing

Thursday, TAFE day. For those of you who don’t know Boy and I are taking a Hydraulics course at TAFE. It runs for 3 hours every Thursday. So far it is gone pretty well – with the exception to being the first female to ever take the course, therefore there are no female toilets in the WHOLE block. Oh and the extreme tiredness of late - sitting up listening to the drone of fans and a lecture on the significance of an orifice to reduce turbulence in flow might actually be a good cure for insomnia. I should write a paper on it! In all it is pretty interesting - the math can get a little over my tiny brain but I have had a few light bulb moments.

Tonight was not one of those nights.

For any of you who have had sleeping problems you will know the stage when tiredness starts to slip and just plain craziness sets in. Tonight happened to be that moment for me.

We were in the middle of learning about gears and the teacher started talking about Fisting Gears. I thought it was one of the funniest things I had ever heard. Boy, however, didn’t seem to find it quite as humorous. This might have been because he had heard what the teacher had REALLY said – Piston Gears (which in its self I still find fucking hilarious!). We then went on to learn about aeration and cavitations’. The teacher mentioned that air can not be compressed. Before I could think my hands were up in front of my face trying to compress the air. I AM SO SMART! S-M-R-T!! And when the 1ft tall pistons came out of the cupboard, well, anyone who has ever seen one of those things will know EXACTLY what I was thinking! Very disturbing!

My extreme intelligence didn't stop there! Oh no, the 1 hour ride home was full of passenger seat musicals and long long encores. It was here when Boy said the sweetest thing to me.

You may find this shocking if you have read any of my previous posts. Boy and I have a love/hate relationship – we love to pretend we hate each other. Nothing amuses us more then paying the other out. So when I said something extremely ridiculous on our long journey home at 10pm I was so surprised to hear the following words come out of Boys orifice (sorry, mouth – too much hydraulics for one little mind!).

“Aww. You are so gorgeous my little retard.”

Well I thought it was sweet. Guess that gives you an idea as to how he usually talks to me. ;)

No comments: