Thursday 8 March 2007

just a step, on the boss mans ladder

I got into work at 6:20 this morning. This is fairly average for me. Boy starts work at 7am so he drops me in the city on his way through. I don't technically start work until 8am. However, Boss man, gets in the office at 7am so of course he wants stuff completed as of 7:10am. Usually this doesn’t fuss me, it means I am able to take time off to go to doctors appointments or leave early without loosing any money (I also spend a lot of my day on flickr without getting in to much trouble :s ).

It is now 5:56pm and I am still sitting at my desk. I have been here for almost 12 hours. I would like to go home now.

Boy rang this morning at around 10am to tell me he had to go down the coast on a job and I would have to catch the bus to TAFE. Of course the TAFE course I am doing is Hydraulics A and there was NO WAY I was going to be overhauling a hydraulic pump in my work clothes and 3" heals in a classroom full of males, call me a bimbo, I don’t care. NOT HAPPENING! So I told Boy to call when he knew what time he was finishing and I would let him know where I was then.

At 3:30 I got a message saying "Be back at work at 5:30. See you then". Ok well that will only be an hour and a half staying back. I can wait. Give me some time to take some pics of the office.

5:00 comes and I give Boy a call, you know they might have been running ahead of schedule or something. "Hello. The person you have called is unavailable..." hmm, his phone is off. That’s OK. He is probably out of reception on the drive back.

5:30 "Hello. The person you have called..." Ok... maybe his phone has turned its self off and he hasn't checked.

5:45 There is only one person still in the office and he keeps giving me funny looks "Hello. The per..."

5:55 Everyone has left the office and the cleaners are now vacuuming under my feet "Hello. T..." hmmm

6:00 OK, he is back in Brisbane and his phone is off, he has assumed that I have gone to TAFE but being the caring person he is he will stop off at a payphone.

6:05 Every pay phone he has stopped off at is broken.... "Doo do dooo dododod/Buzzzz buzzzzz buzzzz" Yay, he just rang and will be leaving work in a minute. FINALLY after 12 hours I am going home WOoOOOOOOO

No comments: