Wednesday 9 April 2008

i suck

i do, majorly. I didn't post last week. I'm sooooorrrryyyyyyyy! I kept meaning to then this horrible black cloud would come over me and all would be bad and I would just want to curl up in a ball and go to sleep. mackay is not my friend. I'm hating it here. We're flying back enough that missing family isn't a big thing but just the people are backwards. See where as I know I haven't seen much in this world, they think Mackay IS the world. Its very depressing.

Plus my work has banned any non work related Internet so I have nothing to get me through the hell of work.

Blah blah blah Arly is sad, now shut up.

Ok.

So I didn't post last week but I will post three, yes you heard right, THREE times this week to make up for it!!!! One extra post free of cost just for you my readers!

We flew down to Brisbane on Saturday morning for the Millencolin concert. If you dont know who Millencolin are check them out this second, awesome Swedish semi-punk bank. Very fun.

So we're sitting on the plane its just starting to take off and "SHIT" Boy is all, "omg what??? Did the wing fall off???" and I'm all "omg.... i left the tickets on the fridge" Great big stress out. By the time we land in Brisbane we've calmed down with the resolution that I will go in to Ticketec, ask for the tickets to be reissued and if not then buy new ones. Well.... Concert is sold out. Great. Oh and the Tivoli doesn't reissue tickets. After bursting into tears in the ticketec office and begging the lady to double check she calls head office, stays on hold for half an hour and in the end yes they could reissue our tickets at the gate if we go an hour early. All good!! The concert rocked, I have many a bruise from the barrier! AND I got the set list WOOOOOO

I also spent the weekend dress shopping with Big Sis. She chose her wedding gown and omg I cried when I saw her in it. I cant even describe how stunning it is... I'm so proud of her :D

And I think we chose the bridesmaid gowns. We're going for black because the reception is black tie and she wanted something we can wear again. I think its going to be a corset which is white with black lace over it and a black satin belt with a floor length black satin skirt. And seen as its in the middle of winter we need some little fluffy thing to keep us warm. Not sure about that yet though.

Oh and last big news - I AM OFFICIALLY A TRADING MAKE-UP ARTIST AGAIN! See I trained with Napoleon back in 2004. Absolutely loved it. But in order to buy a house I needed a full time job (being 18 the banks don't have much faith in you) so I had to put the company on hold and go work behind a desk. After a while I gave up on my dream and deregistered my company. I cried a lot that day. But ever since when someone would ask me what I "was" I always said "I'm a make-up artist but I'm working in admin at the moment" The admin bit always made me feel kinda dirty and wrong.

So last post i wrote about how scared I was about doing the make-up for my sis' wedding but something has clicked in me. I AM a make-up artist. This is what I've always loved. Talking about it gives me a rush and changing someone from drab to stunning is just a feeling I cant explain. So yesterday I reregistered my ABN and went to Napoleon and restocked my bases. I'm going back later this week to buy some new colours and omg I cant explain the excitement.

Ohh and thats two more crossed off my list :D

1 comment:

Heather said...

So obviously by the end of that entry you don't suck anymore ;) That's awesome about the makeup bit. Keep up the good work!