Wednesday 12 September 2007

Endosocosomeandsomething

I finished off last week with an intense feeling of hatred to all things PhD (other then the PHD straightening irons, those things are great for curling your hair. Yet they call them a straightener... I've never figured that one out!). I have since gone to see someone that knows something out side of the common house hold flu and have been given a referral to an Endosocopoligist.

Sounds funky huh? Well it would if it were real. I don't actually know what the dude is but I know he's going to stick a camera down my throat and take pictures of my stomach.

I am really considering asking for copies of these to post on Flickr, reckon I could get one Explored?? Not that they will really be putting a Canon Rebel down there or anything, not sure how good the quality would be on those itty bitty cameras. Then again they have to pick up really small problems in your stomach so it's got to be pretty decent or at least have a serious zoom...

I digress.

So I am going to the hospital on Friday for that. A little worried about what they will find, but more worried that they wont find anything and I'll be back where I was with this devil pain and no diagnosis (Mylanta 12 times a day is not a cure people!!!). And really the thought of free morphine completely out ways all bads because seriously? That shit ain't cheap!

Also, I get to eat as much ice-cream as I want. Much like having your tonsils out, only I am 20 not 5 and I can enjoy the effects of the drugs, and when you eat ice-cream when you're sick it doesn't make you fat. It's a rule, like eating off someone else's plate. This is also a bonus as Boy and I went shopping on the weekend and both bought ice-cream for each other. We now have 2 litres of Boysenberry and 2 litres of Butterscotch Crunch. Neither of us eats ice-cream often. So it's a good thing I am getting this done, I am making sure we don't waste food!

Plus 3 DAY WEEKEND!!! I figure not only will the drugs give me a nice little needed rest I get to go on holidays where ever in the world I want without ever leaving my bed!!!

Once all that's done I am on to doing up the Baby Shower Invitations for the beautiful Catto.



If the invitations turn out crappy I am so blaming the morphine!

3 comments:

Heather said...

"Blame the morphine" is all in all just a great life strategy ;-)
I had to get a scope stuffed up and then back down my nose - that was horrid! I could feel it for like three days afterward - and you sure don't get morphine for that!
Hope yours is as minimally unpleasant as possible, and that the problem turns out to be minor and totally fixable :-)

ChickenTherapy said...

Thanks dude, I leave in like 5 mins. That really made me calm down... not!!! :P

Anonymous said...

That totally blows dude :'(