Friday 19 January 2007

Hooray for Fridays!

See this is something that I think every Friday morning (actually more like all week) I get so excited that it is Friday and the weekend is nearly here but I never think “oh shit another whole day of work” but that is all it is. There is nothing special about a Friday. Ok, you can have a few more drinks after work but really you still have to spend your whole day slaving away at your crappy job. There is no party. We don’t get cake just to celebrate the day of Fri. It’s just another day. And for this I am sad.

I want cake. Well no not really, I’m feeling rather nauseous this morning (DON’T EVEN THINK IT! I DON’T WANT TO HEAR THAT OBSURD THOUGHT SSSSHHHHH). What I really want is for it to be tomorrow. I want to sleep in. I want to get up and go for a walk to the park. I want to come home and get changed jump in the car and cruise up (never down. Gold Coast = EVIL) to the beach. Lay in the sun for a few hours and tan -- haha like that will ever happen to my pasty English skin! – *rephrase* burn but sleep while burning. Maybe moasie on over to the wharf and buy a frozen coke and some fresh donuts from the yummy donut place.

One day left… damn it.

But even if it was tomorrow I would not be doing those wonderful things. Want to know why? I own a house. Damn it who came up with THAT idea! I want my weekends back!! Here is my list of things that need to be done this weekend.

o Clean the dirty dishes
o Do like a bazillion loads of washing (how can two people wear SO MANY clothes???? And seriously we only use the one bed and even that only has the sheets changed every few weeks – why the mass of dirty sheets in my laundry then????)
o Gap fill the trims on the ceiling
o Gap fill the 4 doorways in the kitchen (yes my kitchen has 4 entries. That’s normal isn’t it??)
o Gloss paint all the kitchen door trims
o Wall paint all the skirting in the kitchen
o Do like a million dump runs - we still have the old kitchen sitting in the garden :s
o do the gardening so i stop getting attacked by over grown grass and stabbed by a million prickles while running to the car at 5am

And in all this I have to go buy a birthday present for my beautiful niece who is a whole 5 years old and is making me feel ancient! – Who gave her permission to grow up anyways huh?? I didn’t! Tessie I DEMAND that you stop growing RIGHT THIS MINUTE! Oh no Tessie no don’t cry I didn’t mean to yell at you…. Ohh Tessie…. Its ok….-- sorry woops yes anyways….

There is one plus in all of this though. We had real estate agents come over this week to give us a rental appraisal (any female out there will know how extremely stressful it is having another female come and assess your house! I have barely slept all week with nightmares of the principal from the book/movie Matilda yelling at me “LOOK AT THOSE SKIRTING BOARDS! YOU COULD SUFFOCATE A BABY WITH ALL THAT DUST!” and “YOU CALL THOSE WINDOWS CLEAN?! GET DOWN AND GIVE ME TWENTY OR I WILL POUR THIS CRAPPY $2 BOTTLE OF BLEACH THAT YOU STUPIDLY THOUGHT WOULD CLEAN YOUR BATH DOWN YOUR OVERWEIGHT THROAT!”) so my house is extremely clean – exception to last nights dishes :s so I don’t have to worry about crawling over a pile of clothes to get to my bed or being way to sickened to have a shower because of all that mould that looks like its about to jump out of the bath and take over my whole body like something in the X-files and I will be found in a weeks time and all that will be left of me will be some bones, stomach acid and a lump of mould. In other words my house is Clean. I think this is the first time it has happened since we bought it last March but its time has come and we actually feel kind of grown up and like home owners. 'Bout Damn Time!

So yes, the point of my whole story was meant to be that Friday SUCKS ARSE. My house is clean! And my weekend will be a whole lot of not fun :(

I hope you have a great weekend and go to the beach for me. Please light a candle or something in respect for the death of my weekends.

No comments: