Thursday 4 January 2007

The Beginning

Well now, this is a bit of a bizarre concept to start off with. Am I meant to say “Hello, how are you today” or just start blabbering about me? I will take from what I have seen of other peoples blogs and just start with the blabbering.

First off I will start from the beginning, as all good stories do (with an exception to that movie Memento - really good story and the beginning was the end!).

My name is Arly, I was born a chubby little thing with a Mohawk of black hair and 3 siblings to spend the next two decades bickering with. (I will come back to those crazy ones in due time) I spent the majority of my younger years doing all the average stuff. You know- learning to walk, talk, eat, sleep, add 1 + 1 and most importantly pout and flutter eyelashes. Then there was the learning to shot vodka, say “I’m just staying at Penny’s house” to my mother with a straight face and stay up all night to get that pesky assignment in on time (blame being placed on the previous two lessons).

And then today came….

As of this moment I am 20 years old (Please don’t run away screaming right now – this will not be a blog about black eyeliner and depressive music - unless you include my gorgeous Napoleon Black liner and the occasional need for some dodgy Country music to sooth my achy breaky heart. Think more a lust for Jimmy Choos’ and a love of all things sparkly) and currently reside in Brisbane, Queensland, Sunny Down Under. Well actually I live just outside of Brisbane but for privacy sake I will stick with the city.

I own a house with the person I call “the Boy” or as he is more commonly known “Christopher”. These are two things that you will hear a lot about as we are renovating said house and all of you out there who have renovated will know the need for a stress outlet. That is the reason which is turned me to this thing - blogging.

This little ditty will be my source to vent frustrations, pass a boring day, add yummy recipes and some interesting gossip (I am so pathetic!). I would love some comments or even drop me an email what ever takes your fancy.

On that note I am going head off to bed with some leftover Christmas chocolate (also another good stress reliever however will not help with that New Years resolution!).

Good night!

No comments: