Tuesday 30 October 2007

Moving time....

Things have finally calmed down after the holiday. Having to wake up and go to work isn’t such a shock to the system anymore.

But no sitting back and relaxing for this chicky ohh no, god forbid I get into a routine or anything!!!

This weekend we are moving AGAIN. Yes I know, I can hear you, “But you just moved there!” well if by “just” you mean “6 months ago” you would be correct! You win a cookie! Just have to make it to my place to pick it up :p

Yep we moved here 6 months ago, I can barely believe that. This year has gone so fast. I remember when it was just the old codgers that said that the years were getting shorter and as I refuse to believe I am becoming an old codger then I have to agree with them. The years really are getting shorter. It’s November in 2 days for Golly Sakes! Not only are there Christmas decorations in Woolies there are Christmas CAROLS playing in Woolies! OMG! Woooo (Any of you who know me would know my all time LOVE for Christmas Carols. So this little point makes me so happy!) And its only 1 month and 4 days (also makes me happy!)!

I lost track somewhere there… I was talking about moving. Back to the topic.

So we started cleaning out boxes and crap last weekend. We have got about 20 or so boxes down to 2 which is pretty impressive seen as I have inherited a bit of my mothers hoarding habit. Also, we have decided to get rid of basically everything we own.

Want a Queen bed? Come on down! Double Door Stainless Steel Fridge? Bring a trailer and it’s yours (I’m not lifting it though)! 2 Lounge suites? Chest Freezer? BBQ? Table? Chairs? Bed Side Tables? Side Boards? TV Stands? Microwave? Washing Machine? Kitchen Sink? All of it please take it! As long as I don’t have to lift it or move it around then its free game!

We are keeping both TV’s, our killer sound system, my baking equipment, our new leather lounges (and by new I mean previously belonging to my sister for 4 years and before that my parents for 10), my old Buffy stuff, a couple of boxes of clothes/shoes, a box of memories and… actually that’s about all

It’s actually a really great feeling to know we don’t have to worry about all of this stuff or where it’s going to go. Every other time we’ve moved its had to go into storage (aka Boys Dads house) or be a nuisance at who’s evers house we are staying at between finding somewhere to live. Also, and more importantly, I get to go shopping!!

Now you’re probably thinking that getting rid of ALL of our junk is pretty drastic. Ahh but that’s where you’re wrong. There are bigger things a’brewin’ Stay tuned and you might get a hint ;)



Oh just a side note:

My favorite band in the whole wide world are playing in Brisbane early next year and I am stoked!!! BUT they are playing at a festival only, which sucks a lot. Here are a list of the other bands. I’ve never really heard of any of the others (except for the obvious but who wants to see 50 year olds jump around a stage pretending they are “Punk” which they never were?). So if any of you (Germ) recognise any of the names or can recommend I check them out please do. Otherwise I will be at the festival for 1 bad and that’s pretty crappy. Please don’t let me resort to moshing to the grampa’s!

Soundwave Festival: The Offspring (USA), Incubus (USA), Social Distortion (USA), Killswitch Engage (USA), Coheed & Cambria (USA), As I Lay Dying (USA), Motion City Soundtrack (USA), Red Jumpsuit Aparatus (USA), Chiodos, Saosin (USA), Plain White T's, Jim Ward, Scary Kids Scaring Kids (USA), Boys Like Girls, Cartel, Mindless Self Indulgence, Shadows Fall (USA), Mewithoutyou, The Dear Hunter (USA), Bleeding Through (USA), Carpathian, Sugarcult, Arthur Enders, All Time Low, From Autumn to Ashes (USA), The Starting Line (USA), Dan Nigro, Kevin Devine, Mae, The Receiving End of Sirens (USA), Still Remains, Socratic (USA), Divine Heresy, Envy on the Coast, Haste the Day, Madina Lake, The Matches (USA), My American Heart, Halifax, Fall of Troy

5 comments:

Heather said...

I'd be tempted to take your fridge if the shipping wouldn't (more than) negate the free factor ;)
Moving is a pain in the patoot, but I hope you like the new place better :)

Anonymous said...

So which band are you going for?

Offspring and Incubus are good, Coheed and Cambria are interesting, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Plain White T's are good too.

ChickenTherapy said...

muir - we're just moving in with my sis again for a few weeks but then moving on.... ;)

M@ - INCUBUS! My babies! i looked up that Coheed and Cambria, they are pretty good. Most of it is just extremely Emo so anything remotely not is just awesome :D

The Germ said...

Um, I heard some of the others. Most of the others pretty much suck to me. The Offspring put on a pretty good show, and so do Social Distortion. Other than that, I can't see another band I'd go see.

Anonymous said...

I used to have a fair bit of Coheed and Cambria on my IPOD...they are pretty good. I'd also see Incubus (but you're already doing that), the offspring and Plain White T's because I am the only person in the whole world that likes that song Hey There Delilah