Tuesday 23 October 2007

home sweet hell hole

Being back in reality sucks major balls. Major. The holiday was amazing and I was spoilt for 5 days straight, and now I have to work and clean and cook, seriously, I am a princess what is this shit!

I started the holiday writing a little journal, I got to the second day and forgot about it. Partly because I wanted to enjoy my time every moment not be scribbling in a book. Secondly because Boy threw it in the back of the car and there was no chance I was going searching for it! I now wish I had finished it but here is what I have anyways…

Day 1
Drove for approx. 8 hours,
Started at home, went to South Bank, Boonah, home, Maryborough, Bundy, the boat, Bundy, the boat, Bundy, and finally, one more time, the boat.
Lowlight – nearly taking out a Mercedes at a roundabout then blaming Boy. Because that makes sense… to me…
Highlight – Meeting the boat and falling in love. Sitting on the bottom deck with a rum watching the sun set over the ocean… indescribable….
Funny quotes-
Boy “Just keep your eyes on the Far in Cunt” (read: “Car in Front”)
Boy “As they say, ‘When in Bundy…’”

Day 2
I was sure I did day to but I guess not :s

So yes, that was my journal skills… remind me never to become a reporter!

We had an incredible time. Did a lot of sleeping. If I wasn’t zonked out on the beach I was having an afternoon nap on the boat or lazily sitting in a pub playing cards and drinking rum. Did a lot of that, both rum drinking and playing cards. We had 3 meals a day out usually at some little pub or other.



The anniversary was amazing. Not to many details for everyone other then our Anniversary dinner was had at this incredible restaurant right on the water over looking the harbor and only a stumble away from the boat which was grand!



I can’t remember if I mentioned this before but we did have plans to head up to Mackay and Emerald and do a whole 5 days driving. We really did mean to do this, until we made it to the boat and were blown away not just how luxurious the boat is but the whole town of Bundaberg and everywhere around it. The harbor itself was mind blowing but then that was just a 20 min drive from Bagara beach (where we spent most days) and about the same distance from the Bundaberg town centre. So once we realized how gorgeous the area was we set up camp and stayed for the whole 5 days.

We had plans to come back on the Friday but decided we had too much to do and returned on Thursday. I literally had tears in my eyes when we entered Brisbane. I really didn’t want to go home, why couldn’t we stay on holidays forever?!!? This is still running through my head even as I sit at my work desk. Actually I think more so that I'm sitting at my work desk!

When we got home I had to start planning for the baby shower I was hosting on Saturday. I’ve mentioned a few times that my buddy Catty is up the duff and I have the amazing honour to be God Mummy. So there was lots of shopping, cooking, shopping, preparing and shopping to get done in the ONE day I left in-between returning and the actually party. I am smart like that sometimes!

I had never been to a baby shower so I didn’t have the slightest as to what to do at one so I tried to keep it short and sweet, 2 hours at the house then heading out to a nearby pub for anyone who wanted to stick around afterwards. Also, there was a range of people invited most of which I had never met and the others which were old friends from school. Sadly, as in most cases, I hadn't seen many of the girlies since we graduated so I had the big ol’ fear of “what if they’ve changed?” “what if I’ve changed?” “Will we have anything in common?” “Do I care if we have anything in common?”.

Add to the stress the fact that I got my hair cut the day before the shower. I requested a trim and my roots touched up. I now look like a middle aged lesbian who has a penchant for zebras.

Then there was the cooking. Not too bad at first. I had a deadline of 1pm which is when I was meant to get to Cattys house to help set up. So I started at 8am and all was going well. Meanwhile, Boy was helping out his Mummy with something which ran a bit later then first thought. Never mind, soon enough my cooking was a bit behind schedule too. I blame that on the bacon. I needed to dice a kilogram of cooked bacon. This would be fine if I owned a food processor or even a sharp knife. But guess what? I don’t! So by hand, I ripped eat piece of burning hot bacon into tiny tiny pieces. This set me back about an hour to being with.

By the time Boy got home it was 2 pm, the party was due to start at 3pm, the cupcakes were still baking and I was in dire need of a shower. I put Boy in charge of cupcake watch and I went off to beautify. Well rinse and dress. Shampoo and make-up I would have to do without!

The cupcakes got iced while I sent Boy down to Cattys with the first load of food and presents. Luckily we only live a 2 min drive from each other or else I think I would have missed the whole party!

The party ended up being a complete hit! Everyone complimented my food and bought Catty some amazing presents. All of the girls from school that I was so petrified of seeing got along amazingly. We all sat around chatting until close to midnight and have made plans to try and catch up for a monthly dinner from now on. Whether or not this ends up happening I have no idea but the thought of having friends again is so exciting I can’t explain it!



So I’ve ranted a heap, I’m sorry, I’m good at that Oh one last thing. If you have noticed my typing is even crappier then usual I do apologize. I had a bit of an accident last night which involved plastic wrapped salami, a blunt knife and 2 fingers on my left hand. Suffice to say there was lots of blood, on-the-phone hysterics to Boy begging him to come home (I am sure he thought I had actually cut my fingers off. At one stage he even asked “Calm down, tell me, Where are your fingers???”) and a magical angel in the form of Catty and some very nice gentleman coming to my rescue with Band-Aids and frozen rum bottles while Boy was racing across town to collect my fingers and get me to the hospital!



Being home really does suck!

No comments: